Huxley speaks of a totalitarian state and the value of freedom. He speaks of ‘Pavlovian methods’ of acceptance (Pavlovian condition, in expressing a conditioned or predictable reaction), the power of suggestion and a population with a love of servitude.
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution (Huxley, 1962).”
Aldous Huxley – Speech at UC Berkeley, The Ultimate Revolution 1962 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RX-iUfPJ9I
Published by MensBusinessAsocEducon Nov 2, 2012.
- When society accepts the tyrant dictatorship and democratic. (thesynchronismoflife.wordpress.com)
- Here Is What Happens When A Central Bank Goes Bust (infiniteunknown.net)
- Brainwashed (theness.com)
- Fundamental Psychology: Classical Conditioning (psych.answers.com)
- How to Brainwash: Prevention thru Knowledge (theebrainwash.com)
- The definition of brainwashing (ironatheistblog.wordpress.com)
- Brainwashing & Mind Control: The History (tanirsmura.wordpress.com)